On the JOIDES Resolution there are 11 jobs. The pipe is 5 kilometers.
They have 7 engines. They have food on the J.R. The J.R. has 7 floors.
The JR has a lot of people.
It has a chef.
It has a doctor too.
The JR has 7 engines.
The JR has 7 floors
It has 5 bedrooms.
It takes 24 hours to fill up the JR with gas.
It drills more than any other boat.
The Ship finds fossils with a drill.
It is a big ship.
1. The JR has 7 floors.
2. The derrick is 190 feet.
3. There are 124 people on it.
4. The JR is always working.
5. If you share a room you will never see them in the bedroom.
6. There are 7 cooks on the ship.
7. There are7 engines but they only use 4 of them.
8. Sometimes they are on the other side of the world.
9. It has the longest drill in the world.
10. It drills down through the ocean floor to rocks and fossils.
11.It sets sail for 2 months and then comes back.
12. The JR is an important ship.
The Joides Resolution also known as the JR is a drilling ship. It is the ship that drills the deepest and they are trying help cure global warming which is killing polar bears. The JR is a 24-7 ship and the food place is also 24-7. It has 7 engines and 7 floors and the derrick is 190 feet tall. The drill can go 5 kilometers deep. There are one hundred and 24 people on board. There are 33 scientists and 7 cooks on board. When on shore it takes 24 hours to fill up the JR with fuel. There's also pentagons which stop mice and rats from getting on board. They have to load 10,808 eggs on board, 1,000 kilograms of meat and 10,000 fruits and vegetables.Everybody has a shift of 12 hours.They have a machine that purifies water.
1.The J.R. has been drilling for more than 32 years!
We are a 3rd grade class learning about the world.
Click to set custom HTML
Educational blogs that we follow: